Wednesday, October 27, 2010

 October 27, 2010


Dani Hay, another MSer, sent this  to a site where I spend quite a bit of time - http://ccsvi-ms.ning.com/  All the points are important but I have bolded point #4. In this 'Just Add Water and Stir" world, it is good to be reminded that not everything is instant - no matter how we wish it were. And - Some things are worth waiting for.


To those friends and relatives who do not have MS themselves:

As I understand it, a lot of the changes are not immediately obvious to anyone but the patient - feeling the numbness leave one's hands, hearing sounds long forgotten because the brain ceased to register them, seeing any amount better than previously and etc. So while a few may be able to get off the operating table and dance immediately, more will have to work their way up to dancing mode. Here is the letter Dani sent:

    I got this info from a fellow treated MSer. I thought it would be helpful info.a Post Angioplasty Tips
    Here's a great email I got from a friend of mine:
    1. Some people take to 2 - 3 months after the angioplasty to BEGIN to see improvement.
    2. There are definitely ups and downs as you are healing. This is NORMAL for you to have good days and bads days. But rest assured the Bad days are still nothing like before and you bounce back
    3. You can experience improvement for up to 18 months after the procedure.
    4. It took Mrs. Zamboni 18 months to feel "normal".
    5. Some people feel more improvement when they raise the head of their bed because it improves circulation when they're sleeping. It's called Inclined Bed Therapy.
    6. Drink lots of water! Being dehydrated can bring on MS symptoms. So much water your eyeballs float!
    7. Make sure you exercise because your body may need to "re-establish" nerve pathways and build up muscles that have atrophied from disuse. Seeing a good physiotherapist is essential in recovery.
    8. Watch your stress levels. Try relaxation techniques to calm down if you feel you are getting stressed as this is NOT GOOD for your health when you have MS. I try to remember nothing is worth me getting sick over.
    9. Make sure you are still seeing your Doctor for follow up care.
    10. I take no medications now for my MS have haven’t since my procedure. I went to research what natural supplements I should look into and recommend a free website that gives a lot of very good information about this topic at ccsvi.org
    11. Sometimes the improvements are so small on a day to day basis that you don't realize them, but one day you wake up and find that you ARE getting better!
    There is going to be a lot more progress in the months and years to come. Welcome to the “Awesome Zone” of Proper Blood Flow and please pass these tips onto other MS friends who would like them it helped me so pay it forward I say.

    Michelle Walsh


Hope this helps everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the MS blogging community, Dragon
    Slayer. Good luck on your journey.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete